The Howell James Meeting.
In 1709 the "ffriends about ye Iron Hills", near Elk River, were allowed to have a meeting once a Monty at the house of Howell. James. In 1714 it was allowed to be held every First-day, but in 1716, after the death of Howell James, it was discontinued.
This page was updated on March 12, 2013