The Evening Bulletin, Oct 2, 1974
Primitive Hall, built in 1738, will open to public Sunday from 1 to 5. House is on Route 841 near Chatham, Chester County.
Primitive Hall was built in 1738 by Joseph Pennock, who had settled in Chester County's West Marlborough Township in the first decade of the 1700s.
In the Pennock family for more than 2 centuries, it was acquired in 1920 by the late Steward Huston, a 6th generation descendant of Joseph Pennock. He turned it over to the foundation in 1960 after much had been done to restore the place. Since 1960, the trustees, all descendants of Joseph Pennock, have undertaken to complete the restoration.