George Moore and his wife,Jane (Jordan),came from the north of Ireland about
the year 1760,and settled in Phila.,on Market St.,between Second and Third
Sts.,where he died Dec.27,1787.Their son Charles Moore,b.
Phila.,1-30-1771;d.West Vincent,Chester Co.,7-17-1847;m.Margaret,dau.of
William and Eliza Carroll,of Phila.,by whom he had nine children,Eliza
B,Sarah,Robert,Lydia,Margaret,William C,Gideon F,Charles and Hannah Jane He
united with Old Swedes' Church,in Phila.,where he served as clerk for
several years.In 1797 he removed to Concord and connected himself with the
Episcopal Church,in which he frequently officiated as lay reader and
exhorter,but in 1802 he was baptised as a member of the Brandywine Baptist
Church,and in 1812 was licensed to preach.In 1819 he became pastor of the
Vincent Baptist Church,where he labored faithfully and acceptably till
1844,when owing to infirmities he retired.
This page updated on March 7, 2013