MALIN, Randal, of Great Barrum, in the county of Chester, England, purchased 250 acres in Pennsylvania by deeds of March 6 and 7, 1681. Upon his arrival in this country he settled in Upper Providence. His wife, Elizabeth, died 7th mo., 1687, and in 1693 he married Mary Conway, widow of Thomas, and daughter of Valentine Hollingsworth. In 1725 he was recommended as a minister, and in 1727 removed with his wife within the limits of Goshen Monthly Meeting. The time of his death is not ascertained.
William Malin, doubtless a near relative, lived in Upper Providence, where he died 2, 18, 1696. He was married in 1686 to Mary Stephenson, and in 1692 to Ann Laxford, by whom he had a daughter, Ann, who is supposed to have married Thomas Williamson.
The children of Randal Malin were as follows:
A warrant was granted May 6, 1721, by Henry Pierce, Esq., directed to the constable of Chester, to arrest James Maurhead, on complaint of Randal Malin, for clandestinely marrying his daughter, contrary to law.
The children of Isaac and Elizabeth Malin were:
The children of Randal and Alice Malin were:
From a series of photos between the pages of 648-649 - no number attributed
to these pages:
John MALIN, Sr.
Isaac, son of Randall and Elizabeth Malin, from England, married
Elizabeth Jones, daughter of David Jones, of Whiteland. The well-known
Malin farm is out of the one thousand acres that William Penn, on Sept. 25
and 26, 1681, granted to William Jenkins, who, in 1685, conveyed out of it
two hundred and fifty acres to James Thomas. in 1699 the said Thomas
willed to his son, Nathan Thomas, two hundred acres in "Duffryn Mawr"
"Great Valley"), and to his brother-in-law, David Jones, the other
acres, "provided he or any of his children will come to this country." Randall, son of Isaac Malin, married Alice Pratt, and their son, Randall Malin, married Jane Hoopes, to whom was born only one child, John Malin. He married Sarah, daughter of James Parrock, of Philadelphia, from which union were born three children: Randall; John; and Caroline M., married to James L. Stephenson and who resides on the old homestead. He was a farmer and a man well educated in the English branches. He belonged to the Society of Friends, and attended the East Whiteland Meeting, at the house build on the land (and part of the old homestead) given by his grandfather to the society. he served several years as a county commissioner. He was quite active in politics, having been a Federalist and Whig. He died Feb. 22, 1854, in the seventy-fourth year of his age. He was a man of an enlarged and liberal mind, or generous and humane feelings. He was ever foremost in promoting measures for the public good, and ready at all times to give bountifully to objects of love and mercy. His amiable disposition secured him the universal esteem of his neighborhood and of all who knew him. As a husband, father, neighbor, and public officer, he left behind him a reputation which is a rich heritage to his descendants.