In the spring of 1866, David Evans entered into
possession of 24 acres of land, lying on both sides of the Pennsylvania RR, near what
was then the junction of the West Chester Branch RR, called West Chester
Intersection and carried on the coal, lumber and feed business on the
north side of the Pennsylvania RR at the yard formerly occupied by Benjamin J. Roberts.
In 1871, he purchased of Isaac
Ruth 140 acres on the south side of King Road.
The Railroad, in straightening
its tracks, built a new station about 100 yards north of the old
West Chester Intersection Station, and at the suggestion of the firm and
others interested the new station was called Malvern. It was first used
for passengers on the 21st of 2mo, 1873, when the travel was changed to the